Friday 14 January 2011

So in an attempt to remember everything that happens I'm gonna finally get round to keeping a journal of sorts. It's quite self indulgent to be fair, but i don't really give a shit.I've been lucky enough to have some pretty amazing times in my life,met some awesome people and ended up in pretty random places, places I thought I'd never get to go.
I generally go on tour with bands either playing or teching.I've had a pretty good run of it so far and done some things that i never thought i'd do.








New Years Eve was as messy as ever.Definately not my favourite day/evening of the year but we saw it out in style.











So this year has started pretty good.The usual sluggish start after the indulgence that is Decemeber then I headed up to Letchworth,Herts to track some new tunes my friend Sam has been writing recently.



We were in there for 4 days getting 6 tracks down, from what i've heard so far it's come out pretty good.



It was the first time that I've got to play with Jay Malhotra,who came in and played some guitars on the tracks.He was a great guy and a great player so I'm really looking forward to the possibility of getting out and playing some shows with him at some point this year



The studio we were at is called The Unit. Its run by two very close friends of mine, Adam Menczykowski and Andy Theakstone, and its always a pleasure to spend some time with those guys. They put the place together off their own backs and have it up and running now as a business. They really know what they're doing and the results they get are next level.



This model sits in the studio and I found out it represents the two of them.Andy being the drummer (he also plays in the band we were tracking and another with me called Boom In The Diamond Industry, as well as other projects) and the Australian flag is for Mench (as he's known) ,who also plays in boom,who apparently was born there. I've known the guy for years now and I had no idea of this, always thought he was Polish.Guess he's a weird mix, which would explain things.
These guys have a couple of great film cameras, makes me jealous. I want one.Maybe i can treat myself when we get paid.



So apart from that its been pretty quiet.Getting ready to go on a trip to South Africa on Monday, gonna spend a few weeks wandering around,exploring, trying not to get mugged or in too much trouble.Standard.I still havent got anything ready for it and instead of doing so I'm sitting here writing this.Its not like i need much though,couple of tees,pants and shorts,some tunes and my camera.
Anyways,I talk alot of breeze.I must try not to.I hope i can just take some good pictures that can say something about what the f**k is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment