Thursday 27 January 2011

Jeffrey's Bay and Other Thoughts and Snaps.

So basically just been relaxing since arriving here.Due to all the warnings and advice I can't just go wandering and exploring towns as I'd like. I guess it's one of the drawbacks of traveling alone in South Africa....basically crime central.It s pretty annoying, not that its been shit but it would've been good to see some rawer parts of the town. There definitely seems to be serious tensions here, maybe I'm noticing it more because it's my first time here but in a supposed, now, developed country there isn't freedom. With rules of where you can and can't go, what you can and can't do it's hard to completely relax and find out what it's all really about.You can tour the townships but it's just voyuerism, getting a 'sneaky look at the other side'. I'd really like to feel safe talking to locals and seeing the other side of what is a beautiful country. Not to say everyone I've met hasn't been super friendly but there seems to be something missing. I definitely don't fancy getting mugged but I would like to see more outside of the tourist trail. I wonder if it ever will sort itself out with this much paranoia around, there's security patrols and electric fences everywhere!
  Most of these shots are from over the whole trip and then a few at the end from Jeffrey's Bay.


Robben Island Prison

An ex-politcal prisoner














Jeffrey's Bay






Unfortunately standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment